Kolchugino is a town in Vladimir region. It is located on the bank of Peksha River, 74 km from Vladimir.
Village of Kolchugino was founded in 1871. In 1931, the village was given by the status of town.
The industry, especially metallurgy, mechanical engineering, light and food branches is well developed in Kolchugino. There are some enterprises in the town: JSC Kolchugtsvetmet, JSC Kolchugtsvetmetobrabotka (fabricating works), JSC Elektrokabel and others.
The Pokrovsky temple is one of the main sights of Kolchugino. This is stone-built church constructed in a place of wooden one in 1792. During the Soviet power the temple hasn't been avoided an awful fate of many religious buildings of that time – it was closed. The warehouse, then milk plant had been placed in the building. In 1988, the temple was returned to believers. Now divine services are regularly celebrated and Sunday school is opened in the church. Building of the temple representing squat quadrangle with a three-storied bell tower has been constructed in style of classicism.
One more interesting architectural construction is located on Oktyabrskaya Street. This is a 30-meter high tower in the shape of samovar. The tower was built in 1922. Initially it functioned as a water tower, and then it has been a TV tower for a time. The sight was restored recently, and a new element – the tower clock – appeared in its architectural shape. Now sports complex is located inside.
One more sight of Kolchugino is a monument to Alexander G. Kolchugin, who was the founder of brass and copper rolling plants in the territory of the town. The portrait sculpture has been made from bronze. The square the sculpture placed on has been named after Kolchugin.